West Gazette

This Week in Wrestling

Devon Webster, Sports Editor

This week in wrestling has been quite a week. Last friday, we seen the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony inducting some of wrestlings greats. Among these greats include The Dudley Boy’s, Ivory, Jeff Jarrett, and Goldberg. Also, the “Legacy” hall of fame awards went to many mentionable and prestiges athletes including the likes of Stan stasiak and the legendary, El Santo. Next night we seen NXT which never disappoints. Then came Wrestlemania. It was a star studded show with saw Asuka lose her undefeated streak to Charlotte Flair (ironically, Asuka’s streak outlasted the undefeated streak of this years HOF inductee Goldberg). We also got to see a spectacle of a lifetime with former UFC Women’s champion, Ronda rousey and olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle face off against Stephanie Mcmahon and Triple H. there were many other great matches like Lesnar Vs. Reigns, a returning undertaker defeating John cena, but the one everyone was looking forward to was Daniel Bryan’s first match back to the squared circle in nearly 3 years. He competed alongside Shane Mcmahon in an instant classic against the team of Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a winning effort. RAW and Smackdown were both amazing as well featuring action packed matches, returns, and debuts.