West Gazette

Missile Strikes Hit Syria

Drake Smith, News Editor

Syria was hit by a chemical attack in the suburb of Damascus last week, and a missile strike was launched by Israel shortly after on a Syrian air base in an act of retaliation. The area of Syria that was hit was occupied by the rebel fighters, who are fighting against Syria in the Syrian Civil War. The rebels are fighting against the Syrian government in hopes that they can build a more democratic system. President Donald Trump has promised that U.S. missiles will be coming for Syria, stating on Twitter: “Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!”. Russia, an ally of the Syrian government, has promised that they will shoot down any missiles launched on Syria as well as the “location firing the missile”. Israel’s government has also been preparing for an attack after they made an effort of retaliation against the Syrian government, although no such counterattack has happened yet. The source of the original chemical attacks has still not been confirmed, but it is widely believed by several nations that Russia is the one responsible. Either way, the chaotic situation in Syria continues to expand.