West Gazette

Oscar’s Fashion

Amya Cooper, Feature Editor

This years Oscars happened and one of the biggest deals on these award shows are the fashion. Some of the biggest a-list celebrities all attended the award show to show off their styles on the red carpet.

From dresses to suits, celebs showed up in the biggest names dressed to impress.According to vogue.com, these are some of the most iconic looks were:

Lupita Nyong’o wore a custom Atelier versace dress, Alexandre Birman shoes, Niwaka jewelry and a Versace bag. As always, she looked as stunning as ever.

Emily Blunt showed up in Schiaparelli Haute Couture, chopard jewelry with a judith leither bag. Her look was absolutely classy and elegant.

Meryl Streep wore a Christian Dior Haute couture dress, Stuart Weitzman shoes with a Christian Dior bag.

Danai Gurira showed up in Gabriela Hearst and Sergio Rossi shoes. She looked as fierce as she was in Black Panther.

Sally Hawkins, who is starring in The Shape of Water, was seen in Armani Prive` with Chopard jewelry.

Just as there were amazing dresses, there were amazing suits. According to GQ.com, these were the best dressed men:

Jordan Peele wore Calvin Klein with a Montblanc watch and Jason of beverly hills lapel pin. An all out look for a big night.

Black Panther himself,Chadwick Boseman showed up in Givenchy Haute Couture with David Yurman jewelry. He definitely looked like royalty in this attire.

Lakeith Stanfield,who starred in Get Out and Atlanta, wore Ermenegildo Zegna for the Green Dress initiative.

Sam Rockwell wore Prada, Christian Louboutin shoes with David Yurman jewelry. Just like Sam Rockwell, he owned the carpet with his loud suit and off-the-wall accessories.

Daniel Kaluuya, the star of Get Out, wore Brunello Cucinelli with Montblanc accessories and Tod’s shoes. He was able to put black and brown together in a suit, and still make it on the best dressed list.

With all of these amazing looks and talented actors, competition will surely be tough this year.