3rd Quarter Comes to a Close

Drake Smith, News Editor

On March 15th, the third quarter of the 2017-2018 school year will be officially over, which means we are down to our last quarter! While the official last day is still unknown for both seniors and underclassmen, the seniors are set to graduate on May 19th. The end of the quarter is also the 1st day of Spring Break, which will last for an entire week. For seniors, there are only 7 weeks of school are left after Spring Break, and the last 6 weeks do not contain a single day off school. As always, parent-teacher conferences will be the 14th and 15th of March in the evening. The start of 4th quarter also is the beginning of spring, as the weather will be improving and spring sports will also be in full swing, most of which have already started this week. As 4th quarter approaches, more and more college deadlines and paperwork are coming as the seniors prepare to finally graduate from Hazelwood West. The 4th quarter is certainly an exciting time no matter what class you are a member of, but it also can be a struggle for students to stay motivated and on task as school closes and finals approach. The official dates for finals have yet to be announced, but they will most likely be the last 4 days of the school year. Now that 3rd quarter has came to a close, are you ready for the end of the year?